The college boasts of many departments of which the Department of Bengali holds a special position. Since the inception of the college in 1970, the Department of Bengali has always been in the forefront in imparting knowledge, in the spread of Education. It is heart-warming to realise that many teachers and students who have been a part of this Department have thrived and earned laurels serving in different Schools, Colleges, Universities and in other Govt. and private sectors.
Objective / Aim of the department :
- Teaching Bengali language and literature in a succinct manner.
- To make the students realize of literature with life
- Explaining the importance of Bengali Language in earning livelihood of students.
Courses Offered in Undergraduate level :
- Bengali Honours
- Elective Bengali
- Language Core(Bengali) for 1st 2nd Semester General Student
- Communicative Bengali(MIL)
Intake Capacity :
- Separate Enclosure for the Department.
- Computer in the Department
- Language Lab
- Microphone arrangement in the class.
- Departmental Library
- Free Wi-Fi in the campus.
- Remedial Classes
Co-Curricular Activities of the Department :
- Observance of Language Day
- Observance of Rabindra Tagor’s Birth Day on 25 Boishakh
- Remembers Rabindranath On ‘22 Shrabon’
- Organise Departmental ‘Welcome Day’ for 1st semester student
- Organise Departmental Farewell for departing student.
- Organise short local study tour
- Organise quiz competition
- Publish wall magazine
Mazor milestone since the inception of the Department :
- Organised two days UGC sponsored National seminar on the topic of ‘Goddya Shilpi Vivekanda’ on 7th and 8th August, 2014
- Published ISBN book– ‘Goddya Shilpi Vivekanda’
Special Lecture Conduct :
- Topic- ‘Jiboni Sahitya Pather Gurutya’
Speaker- Prof. Tapos Kumar Bose, University Of Kalyani
Date- 24 june, 2017
- One day Special Lecture on the occasion of Bi-centenary of Ishwarchandra Vidyasagar on 23 May, 2019
Topic:– ‘Ishwarchandra Vidyasagarer byakitta: Narichintar Aloke’
Speakers:-Prof Sourandranath Bondyopadhyay, University of Gour Banga
Prof Bhaswati Mukherjee, Balurghat College
Future Plan :
- Conduct more Remedial Class, Special class
- Conduct more number of lecture, Special Lecture Webinar, Seminar
- Organise more number of Birth Day Celebration of Bengali Poet, Novelist, Dramatist, Essayist