Department of Chemistry was established in 2012 when science faculty was introduced in our college. Department has extensive laboratory facilities and modern equipment to carry out undergraduate curriculum.
Objectives / Aim :
- Teaching Chemistry in a succinct manner.
- To create awareness about recent trends in sciences and interdisciplinary approaches.
- Motivating students towards research
Courses Offered in Undergraduate level
Chemistry General (CBCS): General Elective (GE) and Discipline Core (DC)
Intake Capacity :
- From General Elective: 67
- From Discipline Core: 36
- Separate Enclosure for the Department.
- Computer in the Department
- 3 Laboratories: (1) Wet laboratory (Organic and Inorganic), (2) Dry laboratory (Physical Chemistry), (3) Common instrument facilities.
- Microphone arrangement in the class.
- Departmental Library
- Free Wi-Fi in the campus.
Co-Curricular Activities of the Department :
- Observation of Sir P. C. Roy’s Birthday
- Observation of National Science Day
- Organise Departmental ‘Welcome Day’ for 1st semester student
- Organise Departmental Farewell for outgoing student.
- Organise short local study tour
- Organise quiz competition
- Publish wall magazine
- Preparation of Phenyl and different disinfectant along with NSS (National Service Scheme)
Webinar Conduct :
- “Current Trends in Basic Sciences and Career Opportunities” on June 25 and 26, 2020 along with Department of Botany.
Special Lecture Conduct :
- “Curiosity Sustains the Cat: Lessons from Time Resolved Fluorescence Spectroscopy”
Speaker- Professor Anindya Datta, FNASc, IIT Bombay
Date- August 13, 2021
Future Plan :
- Introduce Chemistry Honours.
- Conduct more Remedial Classes, Special classes.
- Organize more number of Special Lectures, Webinars and Seminars.
- Carry out research projects funded by external funding agency.
In house project regarding local problems.